Departure : 9:00 a.m.
Duration : All day, ‘till 6:00 p.m.
Location : Urubamba, Department of Cusco
Season : All year round.
It’s a spectacular one day mountain biking trip, near Cusco. We’ll leave the ancient capital city of the Incan Empire and go to the village of Chinchero, on the high plateau overlooking the Sacred Valley. At this point, we’ll start biking through the Andes. First, we’ll head towards Moray’s Incan circular benched terraces for experimental agriculture and afterwards, on to the village of Maras, where we’ll stop for lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll ride down to Maras’ famous salt mines and continue down to the Sacred Valley, to then go back to Cusco. We’ll ride on about 35 km. of single track paths, passing through small villages, with fantastic views of the valley.
Daily departures are available throughout the year.
- Pre-departure briefing
- High quality mountain bike
- Safety equipment (helmet and gloves)
- Highly qualified English / Spanish speaking professional guide
- Entrance fees to Moray and Maras
- Private transportation
- Biodegradable soap.
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos are on sale in Cusco)
- Biking or sports shoes
- Wool jacket or sweater
- Camera and films
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun, rain or cold
- Sunscreen lotion
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: Biscuits, energy bars, etc.
- Bottle of water.