Departure : 7:00 a.m., any day
Duration : Two days and one night
Location : Calca, Department of Cusco
Season : All year round.
A two day excursion through the awesome Valley of Lares, with its typical Andean communities and relaxing hot springs.
1st DAY: CUSCO – LARES
We´ll pick you up at your hotel, to go aboard our private transportation, towards the Lares Mountain Pass (4,470 m. / 2h.30). From this point, we’ll start the circuit, with a pure downhill trail, for about 3 hours and 24 km., with the option of choosing between a road and an Incan trail (drop: About 1,300 meters / levels: 2-5). We’ll stop on the way, to have lunch in Pampacorral and in the afternoon, we’ll go on to Lares. Upon arrival in this little village, we’ll set up camp on the grounds of the open air hot springs, where we’ll be able to enjoy a relaxing bath.
2nd DAY: LARES – CALCA – CUSCO
We’ll leave our camp after breakfast, to once again take our transportation to the Lares Mountain Pass and cycle back to Calca, in the Sacred Valley. We’ll go downhill on a trail, with a 1,600 m. decline, which will take us about 2 to 3 hours, following either the road (class 2+) or the Incan trail (class 4), going by alpaca pastures and small country villages. We’ll stop for lunch at the Totora Mountain Pass and then, will follow down to Calca. From there, we’ll take our private transportation back to Cusco.
- Pre-departure briefing
- High quality double suspension mountain bike
- Protection equipment (helmet and gloves)
- Tents and mattresses (One mattress per person)
- Highly qualified English / Spanish speaking professional guide
- Cook, cooking staff and equipment
- Entrance fees to Lares’ hot springs
- Private transportation
- Meals: 01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches, 01 Dinner and snacks.
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Biking shoes or sports shoes
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece and sweaters
- Sleeping bag (for rent in our agency, for US$ 05.00 / 2 days)
- Camera and films
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun, rain or cold
- Sunscreen lotion
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: Biscuits, energy bars, etc.
- Bottle of water.