Departure : 9:00 a.m., any day
Duration : All day (until 4:30 p.m.)
Location : Qorqa
Season : May to November.
Hang 100 meters in the air, at the end of a rope is a very emotional experience and when you do it with professional experienced guides and top of the line equipment, you are 100% safe.
We´ll also see some important sites near Cusco, some lovely landscapes and primitive art drawings on cave walls.
ITINERARY: Cusco – Qorqa – Cusco
At 9:00 a.m., we’ll go to the Qorqa Valley; one hour and a half West of Cusco. It’s the most beautifull ecological valley in the Cusco area. The river that flows through the Qorqa Valley further on, joins the larger Amazon Headwater River which runs through the Apurimac Canyon.
There, the guide will explain to us the safety procedures and afterwards, we’ll practice on learning how to use the equipment. Then, we’ll begin the rappel. Finally, we’ll have lunch in the afternoon before returning to Cusco.
- English and Spanish speaking professional rock climbing and mountaineering guide
- Private transportation to and from the cliff
- Complete rockclimbing equipment. (Ropes, helmet, climbing shoes, radios…)
- Box lunch
- Optional: We can take a video or photos of the tour.
- Comfortable clothes, shorts, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- A bottle of water.
You do not need any previous experience.