Our “multi-day” adventures give you the opportunity to be in touch with nature’s beauty, become acquainted with the areas you’re traveling through and give yourself time to relax and unwind from the stress of modern life. The Amazon Head Water or Apurimac River is best run in three and four day sections, due to the logistics and this amazing canyon´s class III, IV and V rapids. The exceptionally expert guides really shine on our “multi-day” trips, because they’re out doing what they really like, spending time with wonderful people and showing them the wonders of the Apurimac Canyon.
1st DAY: At 8.30 a.m., we’ll pick you up at your hotel, to go by bus from Cusco to Wallpachaca Bridge (4 hours). After lunch and a detailed safety briefing, we’ll load the rafts and push off. Then, we’ll face class III and IV rapids. Later on, we’ll camp on one of the river’s beaches.
2nd DAY: After a hearty breakfast, we’ll continue our journey along the Amazon Headwater, stopping to have lunch and walking across two portages. Then, we’ll run class IV rapids and later on, we’ll set up our camp and have dinner.
3rd DAY: We’re up early, loading the rafts and heading down river. Today, we’ll run the whitewaters of the famous “Dolor de Muelas” (Toothache), “you first”. Breaking through “the babalua”, the river drops over three abrupt ledges and then narrows down to rush forth (class V). After the emotion, we’ll enjoy a BBQ lunch and later on, head back to Cusco, arriving there at 6:00 p.m., enriched with new experiences friends and fantastic memories.
- Professionally qualified English and Spanish speaking guides
- Safety kayak and cargo boat
- All rafting equipment: Life-jaket, helmet, wetsuit, paddle, wind-breaker…
- Private round transportation to the head of the Apurimac River and back
- Waterproof bags and tents
- Meals during the trip
- First aid kit
- Video and t-shirt.
- Sleeping bag, mattress and flash light
- Mosquito repellent, sunscreen lotion, hat and sandals
- Swimming suit, towel, short pants, socks, light and warm clothes
- Plastic bag for your belongings.