Departure : 9:00 a.m. and back at 4:00 p.m., every day
Duration : All day (2 h.30 in the water)
Location : Urubamba and Vilcanota rivers, Department of Cusco
Season : All year round.
Without a doubt, you’ll enjoy the best one day rafting tour in Peru, on the Urubamba or Vilcanota River, in the Cusco area. After equiping you with all the necessary gear and having given you essential information, we’ll go down to the river and set off. The morning section offers some magnificent scenery with lots to enjoy, including some rock or bridge jumps, body-rafting (swimming through some of the smaller rapids) and a chance to get to know your guide and build the teamwork needed to take on the fantastic II – III – IV and V rapids.
After a thrilling day of rafting, sit back, relax and enjoy our ready-served picnic-style lunch, on the river bank.
OPTIONAL: On these fantastic rivers, you can practice KAYAKING AND HYDROSPEEDING (BODYBOARD).
RAFTING CLASS II AND III:
No experience needed for these rapids. Children can share the trip. (From May to December, on the Urubamba River and from January to April, on the Vilcanota River, in Quiquijana).
RAFTING CLASS IV AND V:
You have to know how to swim and must have previous experience. (Only between December and April, on the Vilcanota River, in Chuquicahuana).
You’ll run class II, III and even IV rapids on your bodyboard, doing it by yourself. Your experienced guide will show you much more than you expect, about how to do it.
An experienced guide will show you the secrets of that sport. You can take the advanced or beginners’ course. (two day course).
ALL TOURS INCLUDE:
- Private round transportation
- Professional English and Spanish speaking guide
- All equipment: Wet.suit, life-jaket, wind-breaker, helmet, paddle, boat…
- A delicious lunch with drinks
- Safety kayak for Class IV and V rapids
- For Hydrospeeding: Flippers, entire wetsuit, bodyboard
- For Kayak Course: Spray skirt, kayak and paddle.
- Sandals or tennis shoes for the boat
- Short pants and swimming suit
- Personal things (towel, hat, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses)
- Bottle of water.